CSI Colour Award 2013
Start Date: 01 February 2013 12:00am
End Date: 05 July 2013 11:45pm
Type: Student (Online)
Create a Trend Board for Fashion Apparel!
Win £500 and the CSI Colour Award 2013
The winner also receives a trip to the global grand final!
Enter Now! Open to all undergraduate fashion and textile design students globally. Submit your trend card online for a chance to win.
Design a trend card for Autumn/Winter 2014 using CSI Color Search (www.csicolorsearch.com)
How to Enter
- Register your interest
- Create a colour palette with a clear identity for Autumn/Winter 2014 using CSI Color Search Software
- Design two A3 trend boards (or modify an existing piece) using your research to express your ideas and theme
- Express your ideas through your colour palette, images, material samples and written statement
- Present your colour theme clearly on one of your boards using colour chips/palette showing CSI references
- Submit trend boards and a statement online (each file is to be no larger than 5mb), these can be photographed and submitted (adhering to guidelines)
Our FAQ will guide you through the entry process but please contact us if you have any further questions.
What you need to submit
- A Trend Card/Board for Autumn/Winter 2014: This should be 2 sides of A3 and each file is to be no larger than 5mb
- One board must include your colour theme with the colour palette and CSI colour references clearly shown
- A written statement of up to 500 words in English describing your inspiration and colour theme
Testimonials from CSI Colour Award 2012
“I am so happy to have been awarded the CSI Colour Award 2012. The other finalists’ entries were great and showed fantastic use of colour and design, I feel privileged to be among them! I am ecstatic to be flying to Hong Kong for the awards ceremony! I have never been before and am sure it will be a brilliant and inspiring trip. I think it is extremely important for young designers to take part in competitions and other live projects during, or after, university – thank you so much to SDC and CSI for this opportunity”. [Alice Howard-Graham | First place]
“To be recognized in such an esteemed international competition means a lot. It has boosted my confidence in my own ability and will allow me to interact with the industry in a more positive and assured way. I enjoyed the design process immensely and am very grateful to the SDC and all those involved.” [Michael Power | Second place]
“My design philosophy is to use personal preferences and build up visual concepts intensely through colours, in which I hope to give the audience unique experiences. As an aspiring textile designer, the CSI Colour Award is truly a wonderful opportunity for me to challenge myself as well as showcasing my work and gaining recognition. Many thanks and appreciations to the CSI team for holding such a valuable competition for students. I’m looking forward to the next event.” [Anh Nguyen Phan Ha | Third place]
For our Frequently asked questions please click here
All Entries must be submitted by 28th June 2013
This will take place in July/August 2013