SDC Innovation Award 2014
Start Date: 25 April 2013 12:00am
End Date: 31 December 2013 11:45pm
Recognising those at the pinnacle of achievement in coloration innovation
Who is leading the way?
In order to nurture and encourage innovation across the global coloration industry, SDC has launched the SDC Innovation Award 2014. This award recognises those at the pinnacle of achievement in coloration innovation.
We welcome entries from all the colour-using industries!
We are looking for individuals and organisations making their mark in the world of coloration, the people and companies behind the innovations that are, or have the potential to be, game changing. We’re looking for ideas that are innovative in their product, process or service, with commercial viability, and the potential to make a difference.
The global winners will receive a cash prize of £1,000 and the SDC Innovation Award trophy. The presentation will be made at the Society’s Day of Celebration in April 2014. The winners and runners up will also receive extensive publicity in the international press and in the Society’s own publications. The finalists will be given the opportunity to showcase their innovation at the Day of Celebration.
We look forward to receiving your entries and to celebrating the best in coloration innovation.
There are two awards:
- One for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- One for large-scale organisations
Please note: we are using the EU definition of SMEs: up to 250 employees and a turnover of ≤ €50m or balance sheet total of ≤ €43m. University departments will be regarded as SMEs.
What do we mean by innovation?
A novel product, process or service which:
- opens up new opportunities for colour
- challenges existing conventions
- is environmentally conscious
- demonstrates the application of pioneering colour science or technology
- shows clear user benefits
Who should enter?
Any individual or organisation involved in researching, developing, manufacturing, applying or using colour from sectors including:
You must have a qualifying innovation developed between 1 January 2008 and 30 April 2013. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit. Previous entries for SDC awards and competitions cannot be resubmitted.
The judging panel will comprise senior representatives from different sectors of the global coloration industry. The judging panel is chaired by Dr Ian Holme CCol FSDC.
- April 2013 – Official launch of the award. You can submit your entry at any time.
- 31 December 2013 – Closing date for entries
- February 2014 – Finalists announced
- February/March 2014 – Final judging takes place
- April 2014 – Finalists invited to the Society’s annual Day of Celebration and winners announced.
By entering this award, you agree to allow SDC to use photographs and/or digital imagery of your project in print and/or electronic publications and press releases. You retain the rights to your project/entry.
You must have a qualifying innovation developed between 1 January 2008 and 30 April 2013. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- All entrants must complete the official entry form, available on SDC’s website (submit online or download form within the documents section)
- Entries can be submitted via the website, or by post to SDC Head Office (Society of Dyers and Colourists, PO Box 244, Perkin House, 82 Grattan Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 2JB, UK).
- The decision of the judging panel will be final.
- All submissions will be treated in strictest confidence (and are subject to an SDC non disclosure agreement).
- The Society reserves the right to retain submissions and any associated material for use in publicity and promotional activity relating to the award.
- In submitting an entry organisations confirm that the process, product or application referred to is their sole property and does not infringe or utilise the intellectual, patent or other rights of any other organisation or person.
- It is assumed that all necessary permissions and licences from third parties have been obtained.
- To qualify, the innovation must have been researched, developed and fully completed during the period 1 January 2008 and 30 April 2013.
- Submissions should be made for innovations which are fully developed.
- Submissions indemnify the SDC against any and all claims for IP infringement.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions.
- The SDC Innovation Award is free to enter.