SDC International Design Competition 2013
Start Date: 22 September 2012 12:00am
End Date: 01 November 2013 12:00am
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED – click here for details of our 2014 competition
The Grand Final of our 2013 Competition themed ‘ Fashion for the Future?’ will be held at the Hilton International Hotel in Mumbai on 24th November 2013. Finalists from 11 participating countries will be competing in Mumbai to be the global winner who will receive the prestigious Veronica Bell Trophy, the and a cash prize of £1,000.
We are delighted that the following students will be joining us for the Grand Final in Mumbai:
- Australia Josefine Brodd: Ultimo TAFE Sydney
- Bangladesh Aklima Ali Nipa: BGMEA University of Fashion and Technology
- China Bin Liu: Huizhou University
- Hong Kong Lai Chung-Yan Mary: Hong Kong Design Institute
- India Subhadra Chourasia: National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Ireland Rachel White: National College of Art and Design
- Pakistan Awais Saeed: Fashion Era Institute of Art and Design
- Singapore Goh Jen Boon: National University of Singapore
- South Africa Leigh-Anne Liebenberg: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Thailand Sunyavit Duangumporn: Rangsit University
- UK Rebecca Diggle: Nottingham Trent University
- The 2013 competition is now closed.
- Regional heats have taken place in all participating countries and the finalists have been selected and will go forward to represent their country at the Grand Final in November 2013.
- For information about country specific heats, please contact the relevant regional coordinator
- For news of the 2013 finalists who have won their countries regional heats click here
- The Grand Final will be held on 24th November 2013 in Mumbai and the global winner will be announced.
- If you are interested in entering the International Design Competition next year please see details of our 2014 competition.
For general enquiries, please contact the competition organiser: email@example.com. For country-specific enquiries, please get in touch with the regional contact.
Regional contacts are as follows:
Australia/NZ: Henry Orlinski
Bangladesh: Mahmuda Begum
Hong Kong: Spike C M Ngai
India: Vaishali Deokar
Ireland: Alex Perry
Pakistan: M Fawad Noori
Singapore: Dro Tan
South Africa: Heidi Alcock
Thailand: Wiwat Hirunpruk, Thailand Textile Institute
United Kingdom: Angela Ackroyd, SDC