Colour Management For Formulators
Date: 23 October 2013 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Thistle Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Need to know more about using and managing colour in your products?
- Want to understand better how colour works and how colour can work for you?
- Looking to improve product quality by measuring and standardising colour more effectively and
consistently in your products?
If so then “Colour Management for Formulators” is just for you.
- Better understand what colour is, how it works and how it is perceived.
- Be better equipped to measure, manage and control colour in your formulated product.
- Recognise how colour management can best be integrated into product development, manufacturing and quality control.
- Develop practical skills and knowledge.
- Practical demonstrations of the most significant colour management and measurement techniques.
- Learn from industry case studies demonstrating how colour management is used in practice.
- Benefit from informal networking with presenters and participants.
- Small group interactive sessions.
- 9:00 Registration and Coffee
- 9.30 What is Colour? Andrew Filarowski, SDC
- 10.00 Colour and Human Sensory Perception. Thibault Delafontaine, Leatherhead Food
- 10.30 Measuring Colour in Transmission with practical demonstrations. Matthew Russell, Tintometer
- 11.20 Coffee
- 11.50 Colour Management Case Study: Pharmaceutical Products. Marcel Cimpan, Colorcon.
- 12.20 Measuring Colour in Reflectance with practical demonstrations. Richard Gray, X-Rite
- 13.10 Lunch
- 14.00 Visual and Camera Measurement of Colour with practical demonstrations. Mick Butterworth, Verivide.
- 14.40 Colour Management Case Study: Challenges with Effect Pigments with practical demonstrations. Richard Gray, X-Rite and iFormulate
- 15.10 Tea
- 15.30 Key Learning and Discussion Points. iFormulate
- 16.00 Future for Colour. Graham Clayton, SDC
- 16.30 Close